Holy Covenant UMC: Youth Minister
Date Posted: 2/21/2020
Holy Covenant UMC, Carrollton, TX
The ideal candidate, while displaying a servant’s heart, is experienced and passionate about the spiritual formation of young people in middle and high school as well as demonstrating a proficiency at planning and executing on-going youth ministry.
- Commitment to lead a life of Christian witness
- Must have a respectable social media presence (example: no cussing, no inappropriate images, no overly controversial posts)
- Commitment to ongoing Mission, Vision and Strategy of HCUMC
- Excellent organizational skills, including advanced planning, consistency, communication
- High School diploma is the minimum required education level with some Bible ministry training
- Experience in leading youth ministry
- LGBTQ+ friendly
- Discipleship Formation
- Intentionally plan Sunday school and UMYF curriculum to facilitate the understanding of and relationship with God for all youth ages
- Communicate with youth volunteers and parents on a weekly basis
- Administrative duties as needed for scheduling events, communicating with church at large and reports for Ad Council as requested
Compensation and Time Requirements: Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Depending on final negotiated hours, this position may require weekday, evenings and weekend work. Sunday mornings through early afternoon are a minimum requirement for physical presence at HCUMC, as well as attendance and leadership at retreats and mission trips.
is the SPPR Chair and is an SPPR member and youth volunteer, both will be reviewing all applicants.
How to Apply
Please email either Scott Boren or Elliott Beard at [email protected] to apply.
Contact Phone: 214-289-3933