Holy Covenant UMC: Youth Minister
Date Posted: 9/4/2020
Holy Covenant UMC, Carrollton, TX
Holy Covenant United Methodist Church (HCUMC) seeks a Youth Ministry for a part-time position. The ideal candidate, while displaying a servant’s heart, is experienced and passionate about the spiritual formation of young people in middle and high school as well as demonstrating a proficiency at planning and executing on-going youth ministry.
- Commitment to lead a life of Christian witness
- Must have a respectable social media presence (example: no cussing, no inappropriate images, no overly controversial posts)
- Commitment to ongoing Mission, Vision and Strategy of HCUMC
- Excellent organizational skills, including advanced planning, consistency, communication
- High School Diploma is the minimum required education level with some Bible ministry training
- Experience in leading youth ministry
- LGBTQ+ friendly
- Discipleship Formation
- Intentionally plan Sunday school and UMYF curriculum to facilitate the understanding of and relationship with God for all youth ages
- Communicate with youth volunteers and parents on a weekly basis
- Administrative duties as needed for scheduling events, communicating with church at large and reports for Ad Council as requested
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Time requirements: Depending on negotiated hours, this position may require weekday, evenings and weekend work. Sunday mornings through early afternoon are a minimum requirement for physical presence at HCUMC, as well as attendance and leadership at retreats and mission trips.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Elliott Beard at
Contact Phone: 972-215-6296