Holy Covenant UMC: Music Director
Date Posted: 5/26/2020
Holy Covenant UMC, Carrollton, TX
Holy Covenant United Methodist Church seeks a Music Director for an estimated 15 hour/week salaried position. The ideal candidate, while displaying a servant’s heart, is experienced, energetic, professional and passionate about music leadership, congregational singing, choral vocal and hand bell music and creative worship as the gateway for discipleship spiritual formation of all ages. A desire to lead the music ministry at Holy Covenant for an extended period of time is also preferred.
The ideal candidate will have a deep sense of worship and musical leadership, be proficient at choral and hand bell direction, have experience leading worship and choral directing, and exhibit a heart for worship in the 21st century. The position’s hours will require weekday, evenings and weekend work.
- Commitment to HCUMC mission and strategy to make disciples of Jesus Christ
- Commitment to lead a life of Christian witness
- Commitment to excellence in all music aspects
- Excellent organizational skills, including advanced planning, consistency, responsibility, accountability and punctuality
- Professionalism as a leader of HCUMC
As an equipper of creative worship, Music Director will recruit, equip, direct, educate and challenge lay members to lead worship through musical and arts offerings.
This is to be realized by:
- Cultivating a spiritual community of openness, welcome, trust and compassion.
- Cultivate a variety of styles and genres of music utilizing a mix of current and traditional, local and global, vocal and instrumental songs.
- Recruit, encourage and equip potential children, youth and adults for participation in worship leadership as vocal/bell choirs, praise band, ensembles, solo's or instrumentals.
- Convene and direct regularly scheduled rehearsals for a lay adult mixed choir, adult hand bell choir and praise band.
- Work with youth to develop musical skills and talents for the purpose of integration into worship leadership with the plan to create a formal youth choir in the future.
- Collaborate and equip lay Children's Choir Directors to optimize repertoire and worship leadership.
- Maintain the choral libraries and indexing systems
- Manage music ministry budget
- Maintain organization of the music suite
How to Apply
Email your resume to Ashley Norris at
Contact Phone: 972-571-2325