Highland Park UMC: Young Children's Music Coordinator
Date Posted: 7/24/2018
Highland Park UMC, Dallas, TX
The Young Children’s Music Teacher role has been designed to lead our younger children (preschool-age) with a meaningful worship presence while providing the right tone and environment for learning. Most of all, the YC Music Teacher is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on exciting kids about Jesus Christ through music and worship.
Hours & Schedule
- Sunday mornings from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; plus additional hours as needed to rehearse and prepare for Sundays, for an average of 7-8 hours per week.
- This is a part-time position without benefits and will pay $15/hour.
- The YC Music Teacher will work directly with the Early Childhood Coordinator.
- Lead worship during the 9:30 and 11 Sunday morning services.
- Coordinate music based on curriculum provided each week
- Lead music to each of the 3 age groups (2/3s, 3/4s
and4/5s) in both service hours.
- Welcome each age level into the environment by leading each group in simple songs (i.e. – Doxology, Jesus Loves Me, etc.) and prayer.
- Introduce and teach the assigned Bible story using a variety of materials including media.
- Review the monthly memory verse with hand motions.
- Communicate weekly with the Early Childhood Coordinator regarding the lesson plan and curriculum.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma preferred
- Working or volunteering with young children and leading groups in worship through music. Must be able to read, write and perform various forms of music and musical instruments as needed.
- The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids and is gifted in teaching about the Lord through music.
- Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
How to Apply
Please email your resume (write “YC Music Teacher” in the subject line) to
Contact Phone: (214) 523-2294