Highland Park UMC: Sunday Morning Support Coordinator for Belong Disability
Date Posted: 10/13/2023
Highland Park UMC, Dallas, TX
The position will provide support for Sunday morning programming associated with Belong Disability Ministry.
Reports to: Associate Minister, The Feast and Belong Community
FLSA Status: Exempt
Campus: Tolleson Family Activity Center
Working Hours: This is a part-time position that will work an anticipated 4 hours per week.
Anticipated Schedule: Sundays, 8 a.m.-noon
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Support the Belong Disability Ministry Sunday Morning experience in the following ways:
- Set up and take down classrooms for The Walk Sunday School classes (kids, teens, and adults rooms), including set up and take down of laptop computers, games, curriculum, attendance books, pagers, and walkie-talkies
- Lead The Walk volunteer Sunday morning meeting
- Provide classroom support as needed by circulating hallways and checking in with classes throughout the Sunday School hour
- Coordinate with the Associate Minister, The Feast and Belong Community regarding set-up and meeting specifics for Sunday mornings
- Attend The Feast and provide logistical support as needed
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum two years’ experience in elementary, special education or related field is preferred.
- Comfortable working with individuals with disabilities
- Works well with others
- Flexible and adaptable
- CPR certified
Preferred Software Experience: Microsoft Office Suite. G Suite (Google, Gmail, Calendar, etc…), HPUMC Website
Physical Demands: sitting, standing, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking and lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
How to Apply
Fill out the online form here https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0bfa9fa1-b3c4-4fcd-b950-b74c10e0385d&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&jobId=502141
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-523-2108