Highland Park UMC: Kids Elementary Coordinator
Date Posted: 6/24/2022
Highland Park UMC, Dallas, TX
The Elementary Coordinator creates an environment for elementary students where they feel known and loved while growing in their knowledge and wisdom of God. This position is responsible for ensuring that the environment, volunteers and staff are aligned to execute an excellent experience on Sunday mornings.
- Serve as pastor to elementary age children and their families.
- Responsible for hiring, training and leading team of Lead Teachers and First Impressions Team.
- Lead volunteer team (small group leaders, welcome center, music team, etc.) for elementary age group indirectly through recruitment and empowerment of age-level coaches.
- Collaborate with Curriculum Coordinator to ensure consistent curriculum and teaching throughout age levels.
- Collaborate with HPUMC Impact team to provide meaningful projects and opportunities to the children and families of HPUMC.
- Collaborate and support all HPUMC Kids special events.
Other duties as assigned. Changes to job may occur at any time and without notice.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ Years ministry experience (staff or volunteer)
- Background in education / child development
- Proven track record of fostering relationships
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Preferred Software Experience:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- G Suite (Google, Gmail, Calendar, etc…)
- Touchpoint Church Management System
Physical Demands: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Seeing, Hearing, Speaking, Lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds, Fine Motor Skills
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
How to Apply
Apply online here https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0bfa9fa1-b3c4-4fcd-b950-b74c10e0385d&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Contact Email: [email protected]