Highland Park UMC: Elementary Lead Sunday School Teacher
Date Posted: 6/18/2019
Highland Park UMC, Dallas, TX
The Elementary Lead Teacher role has been designed to give our Elementary students a consistent teaching presence in the classroom on Sunday mornings, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. Most of all, the Lead Teacher is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on exciting kids about Jesus Christ.
Reports To: Elementary Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Working Hours: Part-time position that will work up to 8 hours a week. $15/hour
Anticipated Schedule: Sundays 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (up to 3 hours of preparation time during the week)
- Coordinate and execute the curriculum provided each week.
- Teach one Elementary grade during each of our two service hours: 9:30 and 11:00 am.
- Welcome children and greet parents at drop off.
- Facilitate opening & introduction of the day’s lesson & theme to children in large group setting.
- Present the Bible lesson before students break into small groups
- Conclude the lesson and reinforcing the "big idea" before students dismiss.
Education and Skills
- High school diploma; some college preferred
- Previous experience working with children preferred
- Experience attending church and/or Sunday School preferred
- Ability to teach and present using a microphone and various techniques to gauge children’s interest
- Follow curriculum as requested but also bring an element of fun to the week’s lessons that are age appropriate
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor both on and off the job.
How to Apply
Fill out application here: