Highland Park UMC: Early Childhood Coordinator
Date Posted: 7/18/2019
Highland Park UMC, Dallas, TX
Responsible for planning and executing all programming for children ages birth through pre-K, and for staffing and equipping the weekday childcare and nursery functions.
Reports To: Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working Hours: This is a full-time 33.5 hours per week
Anticipated Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. During the year additional hours may be necessary. All church staff will be asked to support and serve for religious holidays and worship services, including Christmas Eve and Easter.
- Be present and manage the first floor Nursery and Preschool areas each Sunday morning, ensuring safety and security for children and families, as well as greeting, welcoming and shepherding them as a representative of HPUMC Kids.
- Work closely with Child Development Program on shared space topics and issues.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings for children's ministry team and HPUMC staff.
- Serve as leader and supervisor for a team of 40 part-time caregivers.
- Responsible for hiring, training and leading caregiver team, resolving problems that arise and consulting Director of Children's Ministries and/or Human Resources when necessary.
- Lead weekly caregiver meeting before Sunday worship services and communicate with them on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Prepare and communicate schedules for caregivers on a monthly basis.
- Serves as main contact for families who use KidCare offerings during week.
- Maintains a presence on the first floor during KidCare weekly hours (as determined by schedule) to resolve issues and monitor activity in rooms.
- Maintains a presence on the first floor during large special events scheduled during a week night.
- Analyzes weekly KidCare participants to determine the number of Caregivers and rooms needed
- Select and implement age appropriate educational programming for preschool age children ages 2-5, working closely with Elementary Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach to ministry at all ages within children's ministry. Programming may be adapted from standard or packaged curriculum, or custom-created, as appropriate.
- Supervise, guide and work closely with the YC Music Teacher to create a consistent and effective music moment for the children.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteer Age Level Coaches for preschool age levels.
- Lead Music Time for Sunday School Classes during the 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. services.
- Prepare lesson plans and all necessary materials for Sunday morning (purple bags for each classroom - roster, craft, Bibles, lesson, etc.). Preparation may be done solo or with volunteer help.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Supervisory experience required
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite (Google, Gmail, Calendar), Arena or Touch Point
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0bfa9fa1-b3c4-4fcd-b950-b74c10e0385d&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Contact Phone: 214-523-2265