Highland Park UMC: Director of College Ministry
Date Posted: 2/24/2023
Highland Park UMC, Dallas, TX
Director of Wesley House (HPUMC’s College Ministry)
The Director of Wesley House gives vision and direction to the college ministry of HPUMC. The Director leads the ministry through preaching, teaching, discipling and connecting college-age people to the life of HPUMC and the abundant life that Jesus offers. The Director is a pastor focusing specifically on college-age people and helping them become deeply devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Reports to: Senior Director of Program Ministry
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working Hours: Full-time working at least 36 hours per week.
Anticipated Schedule: Monday 9-4:30 pm, Tuesday 9-4:30 pm and 6-10 pm, Wednesday 9-4:30 pm, Thursday 12-7 pm, Sunday 8-12 pm. Additional retreats, overnight events, and weekend activities.
During certain times of the year, additional hours may be necessary to meet the job’s demands. All church staff will be asked to support and serve for religious holidays and worship services, including Christmas Eve and Easter.
- Cast and execute a compelling vision for how Wesley House will continue to help college-age students become deeply devoted followers of Jesus Christ and keep staff, students and volunteers working towards that goal.
- Represent the Wesley House community to the congregation and at the leadership level.
- Serve as the primary communicator and teaching pastor to the Wesley House congregation.
- Lead Wesley House staff in a manner that encourages the core values of the Family Ministries team.
- Manage and maintain the Wesley House facility.
- Recruit, train, and equip staff and volunteers for the work of relational ministry.
- Collaborate with HPUMC colleagues in joint projects.
- Manage department budget, resources, and fundraising as needed.
- Represent Wesley House as a sanctioned SMU religious organization and attend all Campus Ministry Council meetings.
- Pastorally care for college-age people related to HPUMC- weddings, funerals and hospital visits.
- Cultivate personal relationships with college-age students.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Regularly report to the Senior Director of Program Ministries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergrad Degree, in the process of, or completed Graduate Theological Degree similar or equal to MTS or MDIV
- 3-5 years of college ministry experience or a related field
- Experience in a large church ministry setting
- Extensive experience and skills in preaching, public speaking, and teaching
- Knowledge of college culture and a willingness to work within that world
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative and accountability
- Strong organization skills
Preferred Software Experience:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Suite
- Planning Center
- Sitting Standing Walking Seeing Hearing
- Speaking Lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds Fine Motor Skills
- Driving Staying up late
Other Qualifications: Must be a committed Christian comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment. Our employees are called to lead a life that becomes the gospel, and we expect them to exhibit appropriate demeanor on and off the job.
How to Apply
For application details, email Elliott Gonzalez, Pastor of Confirmation, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-523-2153