Hamilton Park UMC: Young Adult Pastor
Date Posted: 6/15/2021
Hamilton Park UMC, Dallas, TX
The young adults of any organization are an asset, but especially to a church. Therefore the Young Adult Pastor must exhibit evidence of passion for young adults as well as their hopes, concerns and needs. The Young Adult Pastor must be an effective leader who is able to work with the church and community leaders to address the needs of young adults in the church as well as the community at large.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
- Must be a Christian
- Must have a college degree or is working toward a college degree that encompasses service to others.
- Must have a youthful, optimistic, out-going personality.
- Must have a high degree of competence in working with young adults in a Christian setting.
- Must have at least two years of service in a Christian setting.
- Must be able to take direction and work as a team member.
- Must be innovative and creative.
- Must be sensitive and have the ability to work, communicate and interact with any and all individuals both church affiliated and non-church affiliated in a friendly manner.
- Welcomes all young adults with the anticipation that they be a vital participant in the life of the church and community.
- Develop enriching programs for young adults that promote spiritual growth which includes worship, study, fellowship, service opportunities and more.
- Meet with the young adults of the church and community on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Must be informed and follow the conference child safety/vulnerable adult policies, procedures and requirements to be followed by the local church.
- Must work with and meet regularly with the Senior Pastor to insure that all young adult programs are in harmony with those of the church.
- Be a mediator/advocate/outlet.
- Performs other duties as required.
How to Apply
Mail a resume to SPPRC c/o Cleoletta Spann at 11881 Schroeder Road, Texas, 75243
Contact Email: [email protected]