Graduate Resident Youth or Children's Minister
Center for Youth Ministry Training, Dallas, TX
Fulfill your call to youth or children's ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local ministry setting while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through a partnership with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and our new Nashville Extension Campus of APTS. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $2,000 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church/camping ministry
$1,000 per month stipend
Veteran youth ministry coach
Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life
Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
Ministry experience working with children or youth
- Oversee the youth or children’s ministry program, providing strategic leadership to all weekly gatherings, monthly events and regular trips.
- Recruit, train and work with a volunteer Ministry Team to organize and implement the work of the ministry.
- Call on and meet regularly with youth and parents to involve them in the ministry.
- Publicize all events to the larger community. Make a special effort to get youth/children’s members and visitors involved in the ministry.
- Work closely with the staff, on calendaring and planning events to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Participate in the weekly Staff Meetings, Ministry Team Meetings, etc.
- Ensure that Child Protection policies are observed with all volunteers and staff. Train volunteers annually on Child Protection policies.
- Develop the youth/children’s budget line items annually. Observe financial policies on expense reporting. Keep informed as to budget and fund raising accounts.
- Assist in worship as scheduled.
- Develop service and mission opportunities.
- Create fellowship events for youth/children; retreats, off-campus events, parties, etc...
Theological Beliefs: CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminary is Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
- January Term: October 15
- Summer/Fall Term: November 1
- Fall Term Early Admission Deadline 1: November 15 (save $500 by applying early)
- Fall Term Early Admission Deadline 2: January 15 (save $250 by applying early)
- Fall Term Final: March 15
How to Apply
Complete an online application at www.cymt.org/graduate-residency. Pay $50. Provide 3 references, transcripts, photo, proof of insurance, complete background check
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 615-924-3378