Grace UMC: Director of Worship Ministries
Date Posted: 6/8/2021
Grace UMC, Sherman, TX
Reports to: Senior Pastor and Staff/Parish Liaison
The Director of Worship Ministries serves as the primary worship leader and musician for Sunday morning worship, leading congregational singing and offering special music. The Director designs and leads various worship experiences: in-person and online; directs the choir, pianist, bell choir, special children’s music programs, and other musicians.
The Director will provide leadership and direction for the online ministry of Grace UMC, which we envision to be a second worship campus. Our desire is to capitalize on the group we have meeting online to expand the worship options and experiences in a post-pandemic, technologically friendly world.
The Director is a music educator and a spiritual leader expected to connect with all musicians, the congregation and the community through worship, weddings, funerals, and other opportunities. The Director will passionately assist Grace United Methodist fulfill its mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world while maintaining a clear understanding of our vision of “Embrace All, Engage with Jesus and Expand the Kingdom.”
- Plan and implement Sunday morning worship (in person and online) and other special services throughout the year in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, worship team, and the tech team in preparation for worship.
- Engage regularly with the whole congregation through in-person and online worship experiences. Help the full congregation see the value and impact of the online campus.
- Participate in monthly general worship team meetings where “big picture” worship planning and evaluation is completed.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor, Media Director, and Leader of Witnessing Ministries to think creatively about worship elements, plan for future growth, and accomplish our goals for the online worship and discipleship experience.
- Input/communicate all necessary information in Planning Center Online (PCO) and effectively collaborate with necessary personnel.
- Intentionally develop relationships within the congregation by being present before and after worship to greet, participating in church events beyond the worship experience, assisting with guest follow-up, and connecting through other ways as determined in collaboration with the Senior Pastor.
- Serve as a coach to the worship team helping volunteers and paid contract musicians to contribute at their highest potential. This also includes the development of new volunteers with gifts and talents for service on the worship design team.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor and other staff and leaders to continually develop and seek creative ways to share our vision with others.
- Work alongside worship and production teams in preparing the weekly worship services to make sure they effectively connect with people worshipping online.
- Develop an online discipleship pathway and through relationships lead online worshipers to grow in their faith.
- Disciple, train and empower small group leaders to start small group opportunities such as Watch Parties, Microsites, House Churches.
- Research changes, methodologies, and trends in online ministries. Present the research to staff and leaders and aid in the development of strategies based on this research.
- Attend staff meetings
- Mature Christian with beliefs compatible with United Methodist teaching.
- Worship leading skills and the ability to plan and lead a seamless worship service.
- A highly motivated, energetic team player who demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Exhibits honesty and integrity; communicates effectively; maintains professional demeanor when working with diverse personalities in a variety of situations.
- Reflects a good understanding of the vision and priorities of Grace UMC
- Accountable to the duties and responsibilities of the position
- A passion to reach others
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Rev. Frank Drenner at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 903-892-3681