Grace Avenue UMC: Youth Ministry Assistant
Date Posted: 3/19/2019
Grace Avenue UMC, Frisco, TX
Grace Avenue UMC in Frisco, is seeking a Youth Ministry Assistant to serve, lead, teach, mentor and motivate the youth of Grace Avenue in their walk with God. The church is looking for a person with a passion for youth ministry and 20 hours a week to dedicate to growing students in their faith.
- To serve, lead, teach, mentor and motivate the youth of Grace Avenue in their walk with God.
- Our Youth Assistant will also be given a well-rounded, “hands on” practical experience in all areas of Youth Ministry.
- Teaching Sunday School classes and Sunday night small groups.
- Teach Wednesday night bible studies
- Attend weekly meetings/planning sessions with Youth Minister.
- Organize, prepare and execute both formal and informal activities for the summer months that are designed to help our teens grow spiritually.
- Help with promotion of upcoming activities through the production and send mail-outs and other materials, as well as make specific phone calls as needed.
- Keep track of registration for summer trips.
- Do anything necessary towards furthering the ministries of the Youth department at Grace Avenue UMC. This includes running errands, going to pick things up or drop things off and anything else that is needed.
- Help coordinate snack supper volunteers, Sunday school volunteers and Sunday night counselors.
- Put together a comprehensive curriculum for Junior High Wednesday night bible study.
- To become self-motivated in your pursuit to truly know the youth at Grace Avenue UMC.
- Will be given opportunities towards brainstorming and activating his/her own ideas with regard to the youth ministry at Grace Avenue under the direction of the youth minister.
- Will assist with the planning and implementation of normal youth activities including TNTs, Wednesday Night Bible Study, summer outings, etc.
- Will aid in planning and preparation toward summer and fall activities such as Way Cool Bible Camp, Weekly Youth Summer Activities, Junior High Mission Trip, Senior High Mission Trip (UMARMY), etc.
Note: Responsibilities may be added or changed to fit the gifts and particular passions of the youth ministry assistant, as well as to meet unforeseen needs within the youth ministry.
How to Apply
Please email references and resume to Youth Minister Christopher Vaughan at
Contact Phone: 972-335-2882