Grace Avenue UMC: Director of Youth Ministry
Date Posted: 5/19/2020
Grace Avenue UMC, Frisco, TX
Grace Avenue United Methodist Church is a large suburban church in the North Texas Conference. Our Youth Ministry serves a fast growing and family-oriented community. The Mission of Grace Avenue United Methodist Church is to eradicate homelessness in whatever form it presents itself. We believe that everyone needs a spiritual, emotional and physical home.
The Youth Ministry team is seeking a person who can live into this mission and is deeply committed to the ministry of making disciples and making a difference in the lives of children through Jesus Christ.
The purpose of this position is to enable a community of love that:
- Nurtures students 6th-12th grade.
- Fully integrates youth into the family of God at Grace Avenue United Methodist Church.
- Instills a sense of place and belonging (an extension of home).
- Confirms their identity as the beloved children of God.
- Fosters spiritual development through education, worship, service and mission.
- Supports parents and families through the joys and challenges of rearing children.
- Spiritual maturity
- Experience with leading a youth ministry
- Experience with communicating with parents of youth
- Friendly, enthusiastic and flexible team approach while working with youth, parents, volunteers and staff members.
- Familiarity with the theology, traditions and polity (organization) of the United Methodist church
Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Reports to: Minister of Discipleship and Staff Parrish Relations
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Cindy Moreland, Director of Operations, at
Contact Phone: 972-816-4175