Grace Avenue UMC: Children's Minister
Date Posted: 9/5/2019
Grace Avenue UMC, Frisco, TX
Grace Avenue UMC in Frisco, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry for children birth through 5th grade. Grace Avenue UMC is a 2,500-member suburban church in the North Texas Conference. Our Children’s Ministry serves a fast growing and family-oriented community.
The Mission of Grace Avenue UMC is to eradicate homelessness in whatever form it presents itself. We believe that everyone needs a spiritual, emotional and physical home. Grace Avenue UMC is seeking a person who can live into this mission and is deeply committed to the ministry of making disciples and making a difference in the lives of children through Jesus Christ.
The purpose of this position is to enable a community of love that:
- Nurtures children from birth.
- Fully integrates children into the family of God at Grace Avenue United Methodist Church.
- Instills a sense of place and belonging (an extension of home).
- Confirms their identity as the beloved children of God.
- Fosters spiritual development through education, worship, service and mission.
- Supports parents and families through the joys and challenges of parenting children.
- A degree in Christian Education, Education or related field familiar with children and their development and needs as well as 2-4 years of experience leading a church-based children’s ministry program.
- Spiritual maturity
- Experience with leading children infants through 5th grade.
- Experience communicating with parents of children
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and flexible team approach while working with children, parents, volunteers, and staff members.
- Familiarity with the theology, traditions, and polity (organization) of the United Methodist church
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, emphasis is placed on meeting the responsibilities assigned to the position and sometimes additional hours are needed to achieve objectives.
Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Reports to: Minister of Discipleship and Staff Parrish Relations
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Kristen Lane at
Contact Phone: 972-335-2882 ext 605