FUMC Richardson: Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry
Date Posted: 4/11/2018
FUMC Richardson, Richardson, TX
This position will include overseeing the Children’s Sunday school program (infant through 6th grade), coordinating Advent Workshop, assisting with special events such as Vacation Bible Camp, Summer Camps, Trunk or Treat and Mission Possible Kids. The person in this role will help carry out our church’s mission through building relationships with children and providing a loving, nurturing environment in which children can grow in God’s grace. The Assistant Director will work on a team with other Children’s Ministry staff including the Director, an administrative assistant, Confirmation Coordinator and a summer intern. Additionally, this position is responsible for recruiting and managing a large team of volunteers, being highly relational, and supporting the entire Children’s ministry and church with its mission, vision, and strategy.
The Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry must be very organized. They must also thrive in a fast-paced, highly relational, creative environment with tight deadlines and busy schedules. We require a committed Christian who feels called to children’s ministry and is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree preferred; post-grad education a plus
- 2+ years of experience working with children (paid or volunteer)
- Teaching experience
- Good computer skills: email, Internet, other applications
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Detailed oriented
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude
- High degree of initiative and accountability
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers
- Ability to work collaboratively with youth and adults
- Compensation will be based on education and experience.
- Hours will be Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., plus Sundays.
How to Apply
Email resume to Human Resources Director Lynnita Jessen