Flower Mound UMC: Youth Ministries Assistant
Date Posted: 8/8/2018
Flower Mound UMC, Flower Mound, TX
To assist the Director of Family Ministries with youth programming for middle school and high school age youth. The Youth Ministries Assistant will seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people that strengthen their commitment to the church and their faith in Jesus Christ.
Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the Director of Family Ministries, Senior Pastor and the Staff/Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), the following constitute the major responsibilities of the Youth Ministries Assistant:
- Be present Wednesday afternoon/evenings for Youth Praise Band practice and Youth Bible Study. Assist the Director of Family Ministries in planning for these activities and supervising them. Demonstrate a solid foundation of in-depth biblical training, belief in traditions United Methodist values and interpretations of the Bible.
- Be present Sunday morning and evening for Youth Sunday School, Confirmation and UMYF. Assist the Director of Youth Ministries in planning and implementing these activities.
- Help lead the annual Youth Mission trip in the summer, and assist the Director of Family Ministries with the planning and execution of that trip.
- Assist the Director of Family Ministries with other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Be an example for the youth of the church by maintaining a professional appearance and behavior and demonstrating the highest moral standards at all times.
- Possess a strong commitment to the Christian faith, a basic understanding of United Methodist theology and church history, support and encourage United Methodist tradition
- Able to effectively operate office machines and operating systems
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to work under minimal supervision and multi-task
- Ability to use online resources to communicate with youth, parents, staff, the church family and others
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to pass a criminal background check
Salary: $10,000 annually
Part Time: Approx. 10 -15 hours per week
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Samantha Brem at
Contact Phone: (972) 355-2711