Flower Mound UMC: Finance Coordinator
Date Posted: 8/30/2019
Flower Mound UMC, Flower Mound, TX
This is a part-time position working Monday to Thursday for approximately 32 hours per week. Responsibilities include financial accounting, internal control, general ledger posting, reporting and analysis for the Church and preschool operations and ministries.
Candidates may hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience in an accounting role preferred. Non-profit experience desired. Given the volume of sensitive financial and other personal information available to this position, we are seeking a non-FMUMC member for this role in an effort to keep such information confidential, internalized and impartial.
- Process/Post/Deposit contributions and receipts (check/cash/on-line/non-cash/other) to individual giving accounts and funds as indicated by donor.
- Adhere to strict internal controls regarding handling of all fundable receipts and disbursements.
- Process/Post employee payroll and independent contractor payments utilizing outside payroll processor within established deadlines.
- Timely posting and payment of all properly reviewed/documented/approved accounts payable invoices/statements and credit card charges.
- Prepares and posts all approved journal entries including interdepartmental and fund allocations, posting corrections and account reconciliations.
- Maintains all legally required employment and vendor documentation including current I-9s, W-4s, 1099s, benefit enrollment, etc.
- Assures proper cost accounting classification of all revenue and expense in support of budgetary and period reporting.
- Reconciles all cash accounts to bank statements.
- Reconciles all general ledger balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciles all building loan account balances and covenant compliance.
- Closes prior month’s general ledger.
Reporting and analysis responsibilities:
- Prepare giving report summarizing the source and designation of that week’s contributions and receipts. Distribute report to Senior Pastor, Treasurer, pre-school’s Director and Finance committee chairperson.
Monthly with assistance from Director of Operations:
- Prepare and review comparative financial statements with Treasurer.
- Support the analysis of income and expense performance versus budget and prior year.
- Prepare Fund activity and balance summaries.
- Prepare departmental and project (i.e. VBS, Mission Trip, memorials) income and expense summaries.
- Prepare donor statements and provide to Treasurer for review and upon approval provide to Office Manager for distribution.
- Support investigation and response to donor inquiries.
- Assure IRS payroll tax reporting and deposits are completed, reviewed and filed timely.
- As directed by Director of Operations, assist in the preparation, analysis and summations of annual budgets including loading final budget into Shelby.
- Primary resource in support of the annual audit including preparation of PBC analyses and account reconciliations.
- Input approved budget into church accounting and reporting systems.
- Respond to worker compensation audit requests.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of Charge Conference report.
- Assist in Stewardship and Capital campaign reporting and analysis including receipt/tabulation, acknowledgement of pledge with giver and Shelby input accuracy check.
- Support annual Close-out reporting.
- Prepare employee health insurance updates (NTC).
- Provide support to Property and Liability insurance processing (NTC).
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains organized and secure files in compliance with appropriate record retention practices. Inclusive of all contributions and receipts, journal entries, payroll and employee records, accounts payable invoices/statements, periodic reporting and analyses.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Senior Pastor or Treasurer.
- Position is also responsible for and directs the work of functional volunteer staff.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience.
- Non-profit organization experience highly desired.
- Given the volume of sensitive personal financial and other personal information available to this position, it is our preference that a non-church member serves in this role in an effort to keep such information confidential, internalized and impartial.
- ShelbyNext (or other similar non-profit accounting suite) experience highly desired.
- Functional experience in QuickBooks.
- Demonstrable “Intermediate” skill experience within Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Word and Power Point.
How to Apply
Applicants can contact the Church for more information about or email Craig Miller to apply.
Contact Phone: 972-355-2711