Flower Mound UMC: Director of Youth Ministries
Date Posted: 5/16/2018
Flower Mound UMC, Flower Mound, TX
- Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person relating to the Youth Ministry (6th-12th grade). Maintain a good working relationship with Church staff, members and volunteers.
- Demonstrate a solid foundation of in-depth biblical training, belief in traditional United Methodist values and interpretations of the Bible.
- Plan and implement age appropriate activities for middle schoolers and high schoolers that promote Christian growth through fellowship, fun, faith development and missions.
- Organize youth activities and maintain a calendar of events which integrates with the main church calendar. Maintain consistent methods of communication with the youth families and the entire church.
- Maintain visibility both inside and outside of formal church settings. Be available to assist members of the youth group as a confidant and mentor. Participate in Youth activities outside of traditions church settings and which may be beyond traditional work hours.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Possess a strong commitment to the Christian faith, a basic understanding of United Methodist theology and church history, and support and encourage the United Methodist tradition
- Experience leading youth ministry in a local church, United Methodist preferred
- Able to effectively operate office machines and operating systems
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to work under minimal supervision and multi-task
- Ability to use online resources to communicate with youth, parents, staff, the church family and others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to pass a credit check and a criminal background check
Approximately $50,000 yearly
How to Apply
Contact Samantha Brem at