First UMC Van Alstyne: Children's Minister
Date Posted: 3/17/2020
First UMC Van Alstyne, Van Alstyne, TX
The Children’s Minister shall be enthusiastic with a passion for working with children and have a strong ability to direct and delegate a group of servants in the children’s ministry. The Children’s Minister shall have organizational and communication skills, education and experience required to work successfully with church leadership and directly with the Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
She/he will be able to develop, implement and oversee programs for children and their families in support of the ministry of First United Methodist Church of Van Alstyne. This is a part-time position that includes weekend, summer and some weekday responsibilities.
Anyone over the age of 18 who works with children or youth is required to fill out a background check every two years as well as take the Ministry Safe Training every two years and follow the Ministry Safe guidelines.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Attend weekly worship at one of the two worship services.
- Build a relationship with children and parents; advocate for children and their families within the congregation.
- Develop and oversee the Children’s budget.
- Provide information for all activities in social media and newsletter.
- Work with servants from the church and Sunday school teachers, assist in teaching and coordinating curriculum (as needed).
- Plan fun fellowship activities throughout the year.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and Administrative Council meetings.
- Plan and coordinate a yearly Vacation Bible School program.
- Develop, plan and direct activities for weekly Wednesday evening programs (K-5th).
- Be able to provide one on one ministry for children (spiritual counseling).
- Manage/ensure Ministry Safe certification for all servants in the children’s ministry.
- Help organize and line up servants for weekly children’s church.
- Coordinate the children to participate in seasonal events, such as Palm Sunday, Easter, Christmas, etc.
- Promote summer camping through church communication. Assist parents with registration; attend camps as available.
- Supervised by pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Priscilla Josselyn by 3:30 p.m. April 1.
Contact Phone: (903) 482-5505