First UMC Sulphur Springs: Director of Finance
Date Posted: 10/12/2021
First UMC Sulphur Springs, Sulphur Springs, TX
Director of Finance reports to: Senior Pastor
Hours: Part time (20 – 30 hrs. per week), additional duties may be added for a full-time position.
Pay: Based on experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years as an accounting/finance person in a church, non-profit or business environment
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of Quickbooks (or other similar software applications), Microsoft Office (including Excel), church database, and other related applications.
- Oversight of all financial aspects of FUMC, including all banking transactions, fund reconciliations, AP disbursements, donor contribution records and annual budget preparation
- Administration of all Payroll aspects of FUMC, including semimonthly payroll, quarterly/annual payroll tax filings and all employee benefits
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, with presentation to monthly Trustee Board and monthly Finance Council meetings, and attendance at other committee meetings as directed by the Sr. Pastor
- Oversight of all North Texas Conference reporting requirements, including Charge Conference forms and annual end-of-year close-out reporting through EZRA
- Oversight of all recurring vendor contracts for FUMC, including monitoring for price adjustments and renegotiation of vendor contracts as needed
- Oversight of all financial aspects of The Dinner Bell, including deposits, AP disbursements, scheduling weekly Community Partner Sponsors and invoicing same, assist in all grant-writing and applications, prepare and assist with annual United Way presentation
- Oversight of the FUMC Foundation, providing quarterly financials for same, attending Foundation Board meetings and oversight of the annual Form 990 IRS filing for the Foundation
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards and model behavior that is professional and responsible
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
How to Apply
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Rusty Harden, Pastor Parish Chair, at
Contact Email: [email protected]