First UMC Sherman: Youth Director
Date Posted: 2/11/2020
First UMC Sherman, Sherman, TX
First Methodist Church of Sherman is looking for a Director of Youth Ministries. This is a full-time position with hands-on implementation of the youth mission and ministry within the community of faith. The Director is responsible for nurturing a clear Christian identity among youth (7th grade through 12th grade).
The position requires initiative, leadership and ability to connect well with youth, parents and adult volunteers. Individual must demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form, and to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Recruiting and coordinating all adult volunteer leaders to ensure that programming is MinistrySafe compliant and effective
- Ensuring that relationships are being built between the adult leaders and the youth
- Responsible for all details of youth programs and special events
- Must be at least 23 years of age to meet MinistrySafe guidelines
- Education – Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in ministry or social programming setting
- Experience – Some ministry setting experience is desirable
- Knowledge – Comfortable with leading Bible study; familiar with Methodist theology; desire for continued growth in ministry
How to Apply
Email your resume and a brief explanation of your passion for youth ministry to Rev. Aaron Logan at
Contact Phone: 903-893-6514