First UMC San Marcos: Director of Youth Ministries
Date Posted: 8/27/2021
First UMC San Marcos, San Marcos, TX
The Director of Youth Ministries' primary responsibility within our church family is to provide 6th through 12th grade students opportunity to initiate and/or deepen their relationship with God. The Director must have a deep faith in Jesus Christ and be committed to the United Methodist Church. He/she must have the ability to administer a growing, multifaceted youth ministry, an ability to share leadership with others, and be committed to personal growth in Christ and the ability to share that faith with others.
- Prepare and plan for youth ministry events on Sundays and Wednesdays
- Communicate with youth, parents, staff and the whole church regarding youth ministry events and opportunities
- Prepare and communicate with volunteers to facilitate youth ministry events such as Sunday school, Bible studies, small groups, trips and retreats
- Work alongside staff and other leadership positions in the wider church body to promote cooperative relationships within the church community
- Regularly participate in outreach ministry through school functions and other community engagement
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor to plan and coordinate the Confirmation class
The Director reports to the Senior Pastor.
Competitive compensation. Negotiable based on education and experience.
For a full job description, please email Russell Bowlin.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Russell Bowlin at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-564-1603