First UMC Rowlett: Director of Wesleyan Christian Academy Preschool
Date Posted: 10/11/2018
First UMC Rowlett, Rowlett, TX
First Rowlett United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director for the Wesleyan Christian Academy preschool (WCA). WCA provides children, ages 6 weeks through kindergarten, a safe, nurturing, Christian environment where they can grow and develop spiritually, physically, academically, socially and emotionally. WCA’s program fosters early childhood education through developmentally appropriate practices and fundamental learning experiences.
We are searching for a Director that can develop, implement and maintain a quality learning environment. The WCA Director is responsible for overseeing school operations including personnel management, financial management, scheduling, assessments, staff development, supervision of instruction, and ensuring compliance with state licensing standards.
Strong, effective communication skills are required for both internal and external communication needs. The Director must have the skills to foster a sense of community that includes connections between children, parents, staff and the church.
- Hands-on teaching experience
- CPR and First-Aid Certified
- Previous management experience required, preferably in an early education environment
- CDA, Associates degree in Early Childhood Education or other related degree
- Comprehensive knowledge of national and state education standards, licensing requirements and procedures, and fire and health regulations
- Texas Director License Credentials in Early Child Care and Education, or eligible for the License
How to Apply
Applicants should send their resume to Director of Children's Ministry Liz Harper at
Contact Phone: (972) 475-3667