First UMC Rowlett: Building Maintenance Technician
Date Posted: 8/20/2021
First UMC Rowlett, Rowlett, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position would maintain and repair church buildings and facilities and perform a variety of tasks relative to the assigned area of responsibility. The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and proactively facilitating a good relationship with the church staff, visitors and membership and is a partner in ministry helping to fulfill the mission and vision of First Rowlett United Methodist Church.
- Perform basic work to maintain church property and buildings.
- Perform routine HVAC system preventative maintenance work.
- Participate in roof maintenance program; inspect condition of roofs; clean roof gutters and drains.
- Participate in parking lot and building light program; replace lamps, ballasts and covers as needed.
- Requisition janitorial and building maintenance supplies, material and equipment; monitor inventory; load and unload supplies.
- Transport and empty trash and recycling containers as necessary.
- Maintain building lighting. Perform basic electrical repairs to fixtures and outlets. Monitor and maintain light bulb and ballast inventory and supplies.
- Move and set up tables and chairs for special events as needed. Move and relocate office furniture; make adjustments to desks, chairs and files.
- Respond to requests and inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Run errands as needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Methods and principles of general building maintenance
- Basic principles of carpentry, plumbing, painting, and electrical work
- Perform preventative maintenance services
- Operate a variety of hand and power equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Environment: Work with machinery; work at heights; exposure to electricity, water, noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes.
- Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform moderate or light lifting and carrying; walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders, crawling; operating motorized equipment and vehicles.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This maintenance position is 20 hours a week, to be arranged with supervisor. Work week hours can be Sunday through Thursday.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Email resume to Vicki Cox at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-475-3667