First UMC Rowlett: Assistant Director of Youth Ministries
Date Posted: 4/25/2019
First UMC Rowlett, Rowlett, TX
At First UMC Rowlett our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Young people become disciples of Jesus Christ through many avenues including participation in the life of the faith community, learning the foundational principles of the faith and serving others. Our comprehensive youth ministry offers opportunities for children from 6th – 12th grade to grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
The Assistant Director of Youth Ministries is expected to work closely with the Director of Youth Ministries to help lead all aspects of this comprehensive youth ministry, reach as many young people as possible for Jesus Christ and move them further along in their faith journey through participation in worship, learning and service. The youth have a new facility, The Lighthouse, for their participation in spiritual formation and growth. This state-of-the-art facility includes meeting rooms, classrooms, enclaves and a multi-purpose worship space.
- Experience in youth ministry
- Christ-like character and faith
- Versed in United Methodist theology and practices
- Seminary degree or seminary student preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with youth and adults
- Organization and administrative skills allowing one to plan, organize, and lead programming
How to Apply
Email your resume to Rev. Dretha Burris at
Contact Phone: 972-475-3667