First UMC Rockwall: Youth Summer Intern
Date Posted: 12/19/2019
First UMC Rockwall, Rockwall, TX
Youth Summer Intern of the First United Methodist Church of Rockwall shall assist in multiple levels of participation in the leadership of the ministry to and with youth and their families. For approximately a 10-week period, Youth Summer Interns shall serve under the direction and coordination of the Youth Minister, in concert with the entire church staff.
Youth Summer Interns shall be a high school graduate and either currently enrolled in, or shall have completed, a degree program at a college or university.
Integrate and Organize Consistent Summer Youth Programming:
- Present for Sunday programming 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. and during weekday for scheduled weekly programming, in addition to regular days of office hours throughout the week, including weekly Sabbath day when possible.
- Resource, plan and implement youth Sunday evening recreation and fellowship, mid-week Bible studies, Sunday morning Sunday School and age level fellowship events.
- Utilize and create Methodist Bible-based curriculum for small groups, occasional youth group preaching, and big group talk opportunities.
- Partner with youth staff team to utilize website, email, social media, texting and phone calls to promote program and resources
- Other duties as assigned by Minister with Youth and/or Senior Pastor
Assist Summer Events and Trips:
- Serve as counselor at Jr. High Bridgeport Summer Conference Camp – July 13-17
- Work as team leader for 3-day Jr. High Mission Experience – June 23-25
- Support and staff church-wide weekday Vacation Bible School – June 8-12
- Chaperone end-of-summer Mystery Trip Weekend – July 31-August 2
Optional areas of service as available:
- Sr. High Mission Trip, as available and as needed
- Worship liturgist
- Any college ministry opportunities available during summer months
As an official part of the Church and Youth Staff, Youth Summer Interns are selected with an application process and are subject to background checks and other mandatory training. Youth Summer Interns report to the Youth Minister, the Senior Pastor, and ultimately to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. Youth Summer Interns are engaged in Full-Time Ministry and should consult Youth Minister before accepting other part-time work or attending classes during the summer.
Applications found at http://www.fumcrockwall.com/summerintern/
Applications due Feb. 3 with phone/video interviews to be conducted the evening of Feb. 25.
How to Apply
Email applications to Rev. Paul Maletic, Minister with Youth, at
Contact Phone: 972-771-5500 x22