First UMC Rockwall: Senior High Associate Youth Minister
Date Posted: 11/13/2019
First UMC Rockwall, Rockwall, TX
The Senior High Associate Youth Minister of the First UMC Rockwall shall serve under the direction and coordination of the Minister with Youth. Associate Youth Ministers will assist in multiple levels of participation in the leadership of the ministry to and with youth and their families.
Serving anywhere from half to three-quarter time throughout a normal work week, Associate Youth Minister positions offer impactful ministry experience with some flexible work hours. Compensation while competitive is dependent on experience.
Qualifications: Associate Youth Ministers shall be a college or university graduate and either currently enrolled in or shall have completed a seminary degree or another type of ministry certification. One to two years of youth ministry experience in paid or volunteer capacity is preferred.
Assistant to Youth Minister
- Present for Sunday programming 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., regular office hours throughout the week, and age level programming and relational connection opportunities
- Increased work for activity through summer months and around large youth events
- Nurture youth discipleship and participation throughout the whole life of the church, including some ministry with Confirmation and upper elementary Children’s Ministry
- Utilize website, email, social media, texting and phone calls to promote program and resources in concert with youth staff team
- Fill in for Minister with Youth or other Staff in case of absence
- Other duties as assigned by Minister with Youth and/or Senior Pastor
Senior High Ministry Director
- Manage Senior High youth Sunday School Class
- Resource and implement Senior High UMYF Sunday evening recreation and fellowship - including utilizing and creating Methodist Bible-based curriculum for small groups and preaching
- Brainstorm and spearhead monthly High School Hangout fellowship and outreach activities
- Retreat, mission trips, outings, and event responsibilities
- Contact new and visiting youth families and invite to programs
- Partner with and recruit youth parents and adult congregant chaperones and volunteers
- Intentionally connect and partner with Junior High ministry, potentially dovetail into College Ministry opportunities, as well as collaborate with staff and student worship leadership
Optional areas of service as available
- Worship liturgist
- Youth and youth family pastoral care
The Sr. High Associate Youth Minister reports to the Youth Minister & the Senior Pastor and, ultimately, to the SPRC.
How to Apply
Submit resume to Rev. Paul Maletic, Minister with Youth, at
Contact Phone: 972-771-5500 x22