First UMC Rockwall: Children's Ministry Summer Intern
Date Posted: 3/5/2020
First UMC Rockwall, Rockwall, TX
A Children’s Ministry summer intern of First UMC Rockwall will assist in multiple levels of the leadership of the ministry to and with children and their families. For approximately a 10-week period, the summer intern will serve under the direction and coordination of the Director of Children’s Ministry, in concert with the entire church staff.
- A high school graduate who is currently enrolled in a degree program at a college or university.
- Available to work approximately 20 hours between Sunday and Wednesday. There is flexibility in the schedule based on the candidate’s summer schedule.
- Be present for Sunday morning programming 9-11 a.m. and during the week for scheduled weekly programming, in addition to regular days of office hours
- Partner with the Director to resource, plan and implement Wednesday play dates, Sunday morning Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and other age-level fellowship events
- Organize the Children’s Ministry supply and storage spaces
- Scan and organize Children’s Ministry curriculum
- Partner with the Children’s team to utilize website, email, social media, texting and phone calls to promote programs and events
- Complete other duties as assigned by both the Director of Children’s Ministry and the Children’s Ministry Assistant
- Collaborate, prep and work to make Vacation Bible School a success (June 6-June 11)
- Serve as counselor at the Children’s Bridgeport Summer Conference Camp (July 20-July 24)
- Serve as worship liturgist as interested and as needed
- Use spiritual gifts in areas of ministry that are fulfilling and support the Children’s Department
Note: Applications are due April 1. Phone/video interviews will be conducted the following week. Applications can be found here
How to Apply
Submit applications to Liz Payne, Director of Children’s Ministry, at
Contact Phone: 972-771-5500