First UMC Plano: Office Manager
Date Posted: 11/10/2023
First UMC Plano, Plano, TX
The Office Manager oversees and provides for the effective functioning of all duties related to FUMC Plano office management. This position covers a very broad sweep of tasks and responsibilities daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
Staff Classification: Full-time Support Staff Exempt
Accountability: The Director of Business Administration will supervise the Office Manager.
- Duties assigned by the Lead Pastor as needed.
- Point of contact person for the church and carry on the business responsibilities that are necessary to run a very successful office with accuracy, integrity, confidentially and compassion and create a warm, hospitable, nurturing environment for visitors and volunteers.
- Build strong relationships with all staff and ministry areas.
- Recruit, train, supervise and schedule office volunteers.
- Maintain the inventory and ordering of all office supplies.
- Support Administrative Associate on all aspects of Realm database.
- Enter data from new member.
- Assist with Charge Conference reporting.
- Set and maintain the church calendar.
- Maintain the ACS facility scheduler: all meetings and events held at the church and off-site events scheduled by the FUMC Plano ministries.
- Maintain the ACS master FUMC Plano ministries, Realm, and website calendars, ensuring they are synced.
- Schedule Sunday morning ministry tables.
- Print each week’s calendar and table diagrams for weekend facility staff.
- Run reports from the Realm database as requested.
- Assist and collaborate with preparation of bulletins for special events, worship, funeral, and memorial services.
- Administer Columbarium sales and recordkeeping. Schedule services of inurnment and assist with service.
- Schedule all baptisms/weddings and oversee arrangements.
- Print baptismal certificates to be ready by the Sunday of the baptism.
- Coordinate with Altar Guild, Reception Ministry, Sound and/or Media technicians, and Worship Arts Ministry, as needed.
- Support Associate Pastor with the prayer list, congregational care and deceased tracking reports.
- Assist with coordinating projects and special events.
Shared Responsibilities with Director of Facilities
- Set the HVAC system according to the meetings and events scheduled on the church calendar.
- Attention to Personal Spiritual practice.
- Willingness and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Outstanding people skills: ability to deal in an appropriate and caring manner with all who come into the church - members, visitors, vendors, and staff.
- Highly organized with the ability to carry out several tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate ability to organize, manage and nurture volunteers.
- Initiative-taking team member; embrace my role.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and database management.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Nina Davis, Director of Business Administration, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-423-4506