First UMC Plano: Minister with Youth and Families
Date Posted: 9/10/2021
First UMC Plano, Plano, TX
First United Methodist Church Plano – a 1,500-member church – is looking for an experienced minister with youth for this full-time exempt position. The ideal candidate will have an obvious and energetic faith life, at least a bachelor's degree, good experience with systems that develop leadership in youth and adults alike, and enjoy being part of a collaborative staff team.
- Reach middle and high school youth with the invitation, guidance and support to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ
- Lead the Parent Advisory Council and Student Leadership Team to also grow as disciples of Jesus Christ
- Work with appropriate church ministry areas to provide administrative and planning support, including volunteers, for youth ministry
- Encourage and lead youth summer camps
- Encourage and lead youth mission trips
- Encourage and support an active youth band and choir
- Provide curriculum and programs for Sunday School, Sunday evenings, Bible studies and special events
- Coordinate publicity for the youth ministry
- Participate as a Worship Leader and develop youth to lead worship
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
Compensation is $55-$65K depending on education and experience.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Pastor Matt Gaston at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-423-4506