First UMC Plano: Facilities Manager
Date Posted: 6/6/2022
First UMC Plano, Plano, TX
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the overall operations and maintenance of the 100K+ square-foot two-story church building and 27-acre grounds. This position assigns and oversees the work of employees, volunteers and outsourced or contracted custodial and maintenance staff.
- Proactively monitor building and grounds for maintenance needs and operational improvements.
- Prioritize and coordinate with employees, volunteers and contracted facilities staff to execute maintenance and operational requirements.
- Obtain bids as required, negotiate terms for work to be contracted out, and oversee all work performed by on-site contractors.
- Coordinate with church calendar to ensure set up, take down, lock/unlock and facility personnel coverage as needed for weekday activities, Saturday events and Sunday services and activities.
- Plan and comply with maintenance and inspection schedules relating to all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Plan and monitor building & grounds budgets and expenditures.
- Respond to after-hours calls for facilities issues, questions and emergencies. Be available via phone or text to personally respond or dispatch others to assist.
- Report monthly to Board of Trustees on work completed, status of projects in work, and building & grounds issues/concerns. Maintain prioritized lists of maintenance needs and capital improvement projects. Requires both written report and verbal presentation to Board.
- Set the HVAC system according to the meetings and events scheduled on the church calendar.
- Assist with oversight of facility staff.
- Supervisory and project planning experience required
- Facility or construction management experience preferred
- Mechanical and general maintenance aptitude; knowledge of safety and security best practices
- Preference will be given to candidates with negotiating experience for contract terms and pricing
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills to interact effectively with church members, volunteers, guests, and our valued contractors; ability to effectively manage competing priorities and requests
- Requires verbal and written skills to report status and communicate effectively with Board of Trustees
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds, climb ladders, access roof-top mechanical systems
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel), and aptitude to quickly learn and manage computer applications specific to building systems (HVAC management, Security and Alarm Systems)
Facilities Manager reports to Director of Business Administration. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email resume to Director of Business Administration Nina Davis at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-423-4506