First UMC Plano: Associate Director/Children's Music Director
Date Posted: 8/3/2018
First UMC Plano, Plano, TX
The Associate Music Director/Children’s Music Director is responsible for the children’s music program, directing the Celebration Singers (K-2nd grade), Alleluia Singers (3rd-5th grade) and overseeing the volunteers who lead pre-K music and children’s hand bells.
In addition to being the Children's Music Director, this person would assist the Director of Worship Arts on occasion with Chancel Choir rehearsals, youth choir rehearsals and help with other administrative duties totaling 15-20 hours per week.
Reports to: Director of Worship Arts
Position Available: Aug. 12
Job Type: Part-time non Exempt; 15-20 hours per week.
Working Hours: Wednesday evenings during the school year, selected and planned Sunday mornings; flexible hours to meet job demands; Must be willing to work Christmas Eve, Palm Sunday and other major events as requested.
- Direct the Alleluia Singers on Wednesday nights.
- Maintain attendance for all children’s choirs/hand bells on Wednesday nights.
- Coordinate with the church calendar to schedule rehearsals, special music events, etc.
- Work with the Director of Worship Arts to schedule times for the children to participate and lead in meaningful worship.
- Select music for the children’s choirs to sing in worship.
- Direct a week-long Music Camp in the summer for kids preK-5th grade.
- Oversee volunteer children’s choir directors.
- Coordinate with the Minister with Children for special activities.
- Communicate with parents via email of Children’s Music Ministry activities.
- Maintain an updated children’s choir page on the church website.
- Assist Director of Worship Arts on occasion with rehearsals and administrative duties.
- BA in Music preferred.
- Experience in directing a children’s choir preferred.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills to interact effectively with kids, parents, church members, volunteers and guests.
- Requires verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with parents and kids.
- Background check required
- No health insurance coverage provided; benefits include prorated paid time off and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Director of Worship Arts Robin Kaufman Anderson at
Contact Phone: (469) 222-2551