First UMC Mabank: Director of Music Ministries
Date Posted: 7/13/2021
First UMC Mabank, Mabank, TX
First UMC Mabank is approximately 60 miles southeast of Dallas on US Highway 198, near Cedar Creek Lake.
- Must be a committed Christian and supportive of the mission of the church.
- The ability to lead and teach diverse styles of music to people with various levels of musical ability
- Good oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Familiarity with technology related to ministry and worship, especially with regard to live streamed services.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen and must obtain and maintain certification in Ministry Safe training, which will be provided by FUMC.
- Select music for worship by the congregation in a traditional United Methodist setting
- Scheduling and conducting weekly choir rehearsals for a group of 10-15 people, working closely with the organist and pianist
- Conducting the 10-12 member Chancel Bell Choir
- Overseeing the development of the children’s music program, including a chime choir.
- Managing the music ministries budget
- Arranging for guest soloists or ensembles as needed
- Managing the music library appropriately with regard to copyright regulations
- Supporting all ministries and programs of the church where a musical component is needed.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Pastor Daniel Gurley at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 903-887-3691