First UMC Lewisville: Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: 8/21/2018
First UMC Lewisville, Lewisville, TX
Create a welcoming office environment, maintain organizational procedures, generate communication tools and coordinate all aspects of facility use in support of the First United Methodist Church of Lewisville. Assist in the coordination of special events. All employees of FUMC Lewisville are expected to maintain the highest ethical and moral standards and exemplify Christian character in their personal and public lives. We are kind, friendly, and accessible to the congregation. We work in a team setting.
Preference given to bilingual candidates with a working knowledge of Spanish.
Working Hours: Scheduled 35 hours. Emphasis is placed on meeting the responsibilities assigned to the position. Time needed to achieve objectives may occasionally fall outside scheduled hours. Additional hours will be flexed or compensated and must be preapproved by the Senior Pastor.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in church office or non-profit organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Constant Contact, copy equipment
- Working knowledge beneficial in Shepherd’s Staff and Microsoft Access.
- Knowledge of the organization of The United Methodist Church.
Support First United Methodist Church of Lewisville in all aspects of reception and administration.
- Receive and distribute daily mail
- Answer phone calls in a friendly and professional manner
- Create and maintain a welcoming office environment for church members and office guests
- Greet visitors and either direct them to appropriate staff or assist them directly
- Sign for deliveries
- Order office supplies and stamps
- Assist members as needed, such as making copies, guidance on how to use the website, etc.
- Order books for Bible studies groups and materials for the Altar decorations, and any other requests from Sunday School classes, Church groups (DORCAS, WOW UMC Woman’s, MBK, etc.) or Ministries.
- Assists Church groups or ministries in the registration process for special events or collection of registration fees as needed. (i.e.: registration forms dropped in the office with payment, purchase of tickets for events, etc.)
Manage all aspects of scheduling at First United Methodist Church of Lewisville, working directly with Senior Pastor.
- Receive request for use of both the main Church building and the Family Life Center. Evaluate availability and the possibility of conflicts.
- Coordinate setup for events with custodial staff
- Coordinate usage of the Church vans.
Manage and maintain databases, information systems and other informational lists and provide reports as requested by Senior Pastor.
- Record members’ weekly worship attendance data
- Revise weekly prayer requests, prepare and email prayer concerns to staff, Care Team, and weekly bulletin
- Log visitors to our database and prepare report for the evaluation of the Senior Pastor.
- Prepare First Time visitor letter and mail.
Assist Director of Communications with bulletin preparation, weekly announcements, social media, and other materials as requested.
Assist with preparation of Finance and other mailings as requested.
Assist in the preparation of yearly conference reports.
- Assist in the organization of special events such as First University, Join the Journey, Thanksgiving meal.
- Funerals & Weddings
- Coordinate date with Senior Pastor, Sound person, Organist and the Choir Director if needed.
- If Funeral, send out congregational email to notify passing and date of funeral or memorial service.
- Contact Care team or Dorcas if meal will be provided.
- Make sure that building is set for appropriate use including air conditioner or heater, guest sign book, easel, etc.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter telling about yourself and why you are interested in the position to Senior Pastor Abril Gofroth at
Contact Phone: (972) 436-2533