First UMC Kaufman: Music Director
Date Posted: 8/15/2023
First UMC Kaufman, Kaufman, TX
The primary responsibility of the part time Music Director will be to lead and grow the worship ministry at First United Methodist Church of Kaufman. The person is directly accountable to the Pastor and will work with the Worship Committee. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Provide leadership, vision and passion for FUMC Kaufman in worship music ministries that are in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of the church.
- Serve as “Music Librarian” for the church – purchase, file catalogue and supervise the lending of all out of all church music.
- Enhance and expand the existing music program as opportunities arise.
- In cooperation with the pastor, choose the hymns and songs for all worship services.
- Schedules musicians for all services.
- Schedule and coordinate the ministry of music – adult choir, Trinity, bell choir.
- Select music and plans cantatas and other special musical presentations.
- Recommend the tuning, maintenance, replacement and/or purchase of new musical instruments.
- In cooperation with the Worship Committee, prepare music and worship budget each year for presentation to Finance Committee.
- Communicate with the church secretary regarding the order of worship pertaining to special music and any other music matters for the bulletin.
- Serve as “ad hoc” member of the Worship Committee and attend scheduled meetings.
- Must have an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Must possess ability in a wide range of styles including Christian class and contemporary music.
- Must have attested musical skill and competence and preferably prior experience in leading choirs.
- Must possess the ability to organize, coordinate and motivate musicians.
- Must be a strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Must be committed to the church’s vision, leadership and people.
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
How to Apply
Email a resume and a cover letter to Candice Countryman, SPRC Chairperson, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-632-2798