First UMC Kaufman: Director of Music
Date Posted: 1/8/2024
First UMC Kaufman, Kaufman, TX
The primary responsibility of the Music Director will be to lead and grow the worship ministry at First United Methodist Church Kaufman.
The person is directly accountable to the Pastor and will work with the Worship Committee. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take 10-15 hours per week.
- Provides leadership, vision and passion for FUMC Kaufman in worship music ministries that are in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church.
- Serves as “Music Librarian” for the church: purchases, files, catalogues and supervises the lending out of all church music.
- Enhances and expands the existing music program as opportunities arise.
- In cooperation with the pastor, chooses the hymns and songs for all worship services.
- Schedules musicians for all services.
- Schedules and coordinates the ministry of music: adult choir, praise team, bell choir.
- Selects music and plans cantatas and other special musical presentations.
- Recommends the tuning, maintenance, replacement and/or purchase of new musical instruments.
- In cooperation with the Worship Committee, prepares music and worship budget each year for presentation to Finance Committee.
- Communicates with the church secretary regarding the order of worship, special music, and any other music and worship matters for the bulletin.
- Serves as “ad hoc” member of the Worship Committee and attends scheduled meetings.
- Must have an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Must possess ability in a wide range of styles including Christian classics and contemporary music.
- Must have attested musical skill and competence.
- Must possess the ability to organize, coordinate and motivate musicians.
- Must be a strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Must be committed to the church's vision, leadership and people.
- Must be dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Candice Countryman, Chairman of SPRC, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-632-2798