First UMC Irving: Children's Director
Date Posted: 10/8/2019
First UMC Irving, Irving, TX
The Director of Children's Ministries will oversee and coordinate all aspects of Children's Ministries that serve the Christian education and spiritual needs of children (infant through 5th grade) and their families. Infants and toddlers are cared for by a paid nursery staff managed by a nursery coordinator.
- Establish and communicate vision for Children's Ministries at FUMC Irving which is consistent with the vision of the church "to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world" by being "a bright become of God's love to Irving and beyond."
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of nursery, preschool and elementary age Christian Education.
- Oversee nursery coordinator who is responsible for managing nursery staff.
- Oversee and coordinate the spiritual care of children and work with other ministries of the church in the spiritual care of their families.
- Enable children to participate in missions and ministries.
- Recruit, train and retain volunteers for the Children's Ministries.
- Communicate and promote the Children's Ministries to members, visitors, and community.
- Oversee administrative, financial, and other duties associated with the Children's Ministries.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3 years experience in local church work preferred.
- Positive and friendly attitude with parents and children.
How to Apply
Email your resume to Rev. Douglas Fox at
Contact Phone: 972-253-3531