First UMC Gainesville: Director of Music/Worship
Date Posted: 4/6/2023
First UMC Gainesville, Gainesville, TX
FUMC Gainesville is located in the historic district of Gainesville and its rich history parallels that of Gainesville itself. FUMC was the first church that appeared in Gainesville’s official records. Our 1891 historic sanctuary features inspirational stained glass windows and a beautiful pipe organ, which is still in operation today. Come be a part of a growing and vibrant church family.
Classification: Lay Staff
Hours/Compensation: Part-Time, 10-15 hours weekly/salaried Range $15,000 - $24,000
Must provide own transportation and be on site at FUMC Gainesville for a minimum of Wednesday evening 3-4 hours and Sunday morning 4 hours
Reports to: Pastor
Director of Music:
- Worship: Prepares all elements of music for worship including selection, arrangements, accompanists and information needed for bulletin, and arrangements for special services such as Holy Week, Christmas and Festival of Music. Prepares PowerPoint for sanctuary screen during worship.
- Music Ensembles: oversees Chancel Choir, Heritage Ringers and Children’s Choir- Selects music, conducts rehearsals, schedules performances and recruits performers.
- Music Personnel: Coordinates recruitment, rehearsals, music selection and payroll for contracted music personnel including organist/pianist.
- Learning Tree: Provides weekly Wednesday chapel music for students
- Vacation Bible School: Provides music as needed and is an active participant in event. Currently playing a leadership role in the planning and execution of event.
- Audio/Visual Designer/Technician: Oversees the production and presentation of audio visual needs for church activities and contracts with non member hosted events for their presentation needs at a fee of $25 per hour.
Director of Worship Ministries:
- Works with Pastor to select liturgy for services, order of worship and recruit personnel needed.
- Coordinates Acolyte ministry and training.
- Chair of the Worship team organizing the aesthetic elements of worship and coordinates with the communion steward to ensure elements are prepared.
How to Apply
Please contact Pastor Adam to set up an introductory meeting and to begin the formal application process.
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 903-815-4821