First UMC Frisco: Director of Children and Family Ministries
Date Posted: 11/2/2021
First UMC Frisco, Frisco, TX
First United Methodist Church Frisco is a large, well-established and growing church that has served the Collin/Denton County area for 173 years. The Director of Children and Family Ministries will lead all aspects of ministry to children (ages birth through 5th grade) and their families.
Our vision for this ministry is to invite and encourage families – as families – to grow up in Christ, together, through worship, study, service projects and family events that include parents (even grandparents!) alongside children. Our goal is to develop and nurture disciples and encourage disciple-making, while also developing a culture of honoring scripture. We work to equip and shepherd parents to see themselves as primary disciple-makers of their children.
First Frisco has a strong Children’s Ministry Team, ready and eager to partner with an experienced, enthusiastic, high-energy children and family ministry leader to refresh the current program and take it to a new level.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a mature and joyful disciple of Jesus Christ who loves children and young families and has a personal passion for ministering through the local church.
Position: Full-time salaried
Vacation: 2 weeks annual paid
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
- Sunday School. With guidance from the Children’s Ministry Team, recruit, train and schedule teachers for all pre-K through 6th grade classes. Ensure all have curriculum and supplies. Develop a unified spirit and commitment to excellence among teachers.
- Worship. Plan and staff children’s worship opportunity (ages 4-1st grade) for both the 9:30 and 11 a.m. worship hours. Deliver effective 2–3-minute children’s moment messages during Sunday worship services in the sanctuary.
- Nursery. Staff/supervise the church nursery on Sundays as well as in support of church ministries.
- Relational Outreach. Engage parents and children both in person and across established church media platforms. Develop ongoing discipling partnerships with parents.
- Choir. Work with the Children’s Choir Director on calendaring, coordination and recruitment of children and adult assistants.
- Special Events. In tandem with the Children’s Ministry Team, plan, staff and help coordinate events such as Vacation Bible School, Winshape Camp and other Summer Camps on the property.
- Pre-School. Work with the Pre-school Director to invite preschool children and families into the life of the Church.
- Ministry Safe. Ensure current background checks, security training and use of required procedures for all children’s staff and volunteers.
- Community Outreach. Coordinate with Church Council and other ministry teams for seasonal events such as Trunk or Treat, Night in Bethlehem, Christmas Eve Worship and Easter activities.
- Children’s Ministry Team. Recruit, train, encourage, resource and pray for and with all children’s ministry staff and volunteers. Represent Children’s Ministry Team at Church Council Meetings.
- Children’s Ministry Budget. Recommend, maintain and oversee Children’s Ministry Budget.
- Mature and joyful disciple of Jesus Christ, who loves children and young families
- Personal passion for leading a children and family ministry through the local church
- Confident, experienced leader, who is an effective team builder as well as team player
- Excels at attracting, recruiting, motivating, and equipping others; building a team in which other’s gifts are consistently employed and grown
- Outgoing, energetic, creative self-starter
- At least 3 years of related work experience with children and families
- Knowledge / understanding of child development
- Ability to relate well to children, parents and volunteers.
- Preferred candidates will have a bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to Rev. Mark Vowell, Senior Pastor, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-335-4380