First UMC Frisco: Children's Ministries Assistant
Date Posted: 8/20/2018
First UMC Frisco, Frisco, TX
Reports To: Director of Children’s Ministries
FLSA Status: Salaried, Part-time (15 hours/wk)
The Children’s Ministry Department is dedicated to reach and serve the spiritual needs of the children and families of First Frisco United Methodist Church.
- Prepare curriculum for Sunday afternoon programming and shop for the supplies needed.
- Greet and meet in the Family Life Center (gym) two Sundays a month at both hours. Show visiting families to their child’s Sunday school room.
- Greet and meet and/or facilitate a Children’s Ministry’s table in the Gathering Area (just outside the sanctuary) two Sundays a month. Welcome visiting families and walk them to the Family Life Center for children’s Sunday school.
- Help with the recruitment and training of Sunday school teachers, assistants and greeters.
- Assist with special ministries and events such as 4th and 5th Grade Lock-In, summer camps (VBS, WinShape and Art), 3rd Grade Bibles, Frisco Community Parade, Night in Bethlehem and Easter Eggstravaganza.
- Research or create special events and activities for children when needed.
- Assist in the communication with children and parents.
- Be willing to fill in for Sunday school teachers when needed, if a substitute cannot be found.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Director of Children's Ministry Trish Callis at 7659 Preston Rd., Frisco TX 75034.
Contact Phone: (972) 335-4380