First UMC Duncanville: Finance Manager
Date Posted: 12/1/2021
First UMC Duncanville, Duncanville, TX
The Finance Manager position is part time (32 hours +/-) and is available for immediate employment. Familiarity with the ShelbyNext Software System is a plus. Salary is negotiable.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the maintenance, support and reporting of all financial data in support of the church in the financial accounting and statistical recordkeeping system. Provides leadership for the administrative processes within the office by establishing controls to ensure schedules and deadlines are communicated to staff on behalf of the Senior Pastor.
- Completes deposits of weekly contributions via cash, check, credit card, Givelify, ACH or website. Records contributions in the automated accounting system, ensuring proper fund allocation, and transmits statements to church members quarterly. Prepares letters acknowledging non-cash donations. Reconciles bank accounts monthly.
- Obtains new vendor information, including insurance confirmation, and ensures setup of new vendors in the accounting system. Maintains 1099 data and prepares and distributes annual form 1099 filings.
- Reviews accounts payable invoices and ensures they are input into the automated accounting system weekly. Coordinates and issues payments weekly. Ensures accountability for expenditures. Invoices and other requests for funds are verified against receipts and approved funding requirements before payment.
- Records obligations paid by bank draft in the accounting records.
- Tracks expenses and reimbursement on insurance claims.
- Provides accounts receivable support to the Day School. Enters payments received via PayPal, Brightwheel and office receipts against invoices in the automated account system. Support school staff with all system related questions.
- Maintains all Personnel records and completes payroll actions for all church staff members and Day School employees in accordance with established local Church time frames and procedures, and for ordained staff, following Conference requirements. Ensures that payroll taxes are paid timely, and quarterly tax filings are completed following regulatory requirements. Prepares and distributes annual W-2 form filings.
- Prepares responses to unemployment claims.
- Maintains records of loans the church has made to individuals and provides annual tax statements.
- Completes financial status reports monthly for the Chairpersons of the Finance, Trustees and Missions Committees and other Chairpersons, as requested, and attends the monthly Finance Committee meeting. The financial status reports include, but are not limited to, current and YTD income statements, balance sheets, cash flow projections, budgets, and special project reports. Attends the Endowment Committee Meeting, when scheduled (typically quarterly).
- Provides financial administrative support associated with any church financial transaction and serves as the point of contact concerning financial matters. Provides administrative financial support for church events, as needed (for example: Fall Festival, youth fundraisers, etc). Ensures that credit card machines work properly and that change is available, as needed.
- Supports the Chairperson, Finance Committee, in preparation for the Charge Conference and completes financial system updates, as required, after the Conference. Completes the annual financial close-out following local church and Conference procedures.
- Supports the Chairperson, Stewardship Committee in preparation for the annual Stewardship Campaign. Communicates with the church membership about prior year's commitment amount and tracks and reports pledges as received.
- Coordinates annual budget requests with appropriate staff and Committee Chairpersons, gathers all information, and completes the annual budget in coordination with the Chairperson, Finance Committee.
- Provides leadership to the staff involved with the collection and completion of the yearly North Texas Conference statistical report. Reviews and coordinates final approval of the report with the Senior Pastor and ensures that it is submitted in accordance with Conference deadlines.
- Stays aware of changes in tax laws and opportunities that benefit the church, working with the Chairperson of Finance to take advantage of same.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties, as assigned.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Rev. Abril Goforth at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-298-6121