First UMC Duncanville: Director of Family and Community Ministry
Date Posted: 10/19/2022
First UMC Duncanville, Duncanville, TX
To ensure opportunities for excellent Christian education for children and to update and share FUMC on social media sites. To engage the church and community in ongoing mission and faith formation that build the kingdom of God.
All employees of FUMC Duncanville are expected to maintain the highest ethical and moral standards and exemplify Christian character in their personal and public lives. We are kind, friendly, and accessible to the congregation. We work in a team setting.
Hours: Scheduled 20-25 hours on a flexible schedule including some evenings and special activities. Emphasis is placed on meeting the responsibilities assigned to the position. Time needed to achieve objectives may occasionally fall outside scheduled hours. Additional hours will be flexed or compensated and must be preapproved by the Senior Pastor.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Experience/Knowledge Preferred: Minimum 2 years’ experience in church or non-profit organization working with children and families. Knowledge of United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Participate in Sunday morning worship, including Children’s Sermon
- Manage Social Media sites and assist with Church-wide communication
- Assist with other outreach activities
- Prepare for, attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the senior pastor
- Coordinate/train/schedule nursery and nursery staff
- Compile and submit nursery payroll monthly
- Assist with filing and updating the MinistrySafe program
- Work with laity to coordinate Angel Tree & school supply drive for Central Elementary as well as other outreach ministries to children and families.
- Oversee all children ages newborn through 6th grade
- Plan and coordinate Sunday School classes – scheduling teachers, assisting teachers, ordering curriculum, etc.
- Lead Chapel for First Methodist School (negotiable)
- Lead Confirmation class for 6th graders, as needed
- Facilitate activities for children and families outside of Sunday morning
- Plan and coordinate children’s Christmas/Easter/Halloween/Vacation Bible School/other seasonal activities.
- Facilitate “After School” outreach to Central Elementary during the school year
- Work with and communicate with children’s parents about upcoming events.
- Send out a regular newsletter to parents whose children participate in any way with FUMCD, post to social media and church website.
How to Apply
Email a resume and a cover letter (why you are a good candidate for this position) to Pastor Abril Goforth at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-298-6121