First UMC Duncanville: Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: 12/1/2020
First UMC Duncanville, Duncanville, TX
Create a welcoming office environment, maintain organizational procedures, generate communication tools, maintain membership records, assist with conference reports, and coordinate all aspects of facility use in support of the First United Methodist Church Duncanville.
All employees of FUMC Duncanville are expected to maintain the highest ethical and moral standards and exemplify Christian character in their personal and public lives. We are people of integrity who hold confidences. We are kind, friendly, and accessible to the congregation. We work in a team setting.
Purpose of the Position: To provide administrative support for the Senior Pastor, Staff and the Church.
Working Hours: Scheduled 24 hours, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Emphasis is placed on meeting the responsibilities assigned to the position. Time needed to achieve objectives may occasionally fall outside scheduled hours. Additional hours will be flexed or compensated and must be preapproved by the Senior Pastor.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in church office or non-profit organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, ShelbyNext, copy equipment
- Knowledge of the organization of The United Methodist Church.
- Support First United Methodist Church of Duncanville in all aspects of reception and administration.
- Receive and distribute daily mail
- Answer phone calls in a friendly and professional manner
- Create and maintain a welcoming office environment for church members and office guests
- Greet visitors and either direct them to appropriate staff or assist them directly
- Sign for deliveries
- Order office supplies and stamps
- Assist members as needed, such as making copies, guidance on how to use the website, etc.
- Order books for Bible studies groups and materials for the altar decorations, and any other requests from Sunday School classes, Church groups, or Ministries.
- Assists Church groups or ministries in the registration process for special events or collection of registration fees as needed. (i.e.: registration forms dropped in the office with payment, purchase of tickets for events, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of scheduling at FUMC Duncanville, working directly with Senior Pastor.
- Receive request for use of both the main Church building and the Family Life Center. Evaluate availability and the possibility of conflicts.
- Coordinate setup for events with custodial staff
- Coordinate usage of the Church vehicles
- Manage and maintain databases, information systems, and other informational lists and provide reports as requested by Senior Pastor.
- Record members’ weekly worship attendance data
- Log visitors to our database and prepare report for the evaluation of the Senior Pastor.
- Prepare First Time visitor letter and mail.
- Assist Director of Communications with bulletin preparation, weekly announcements, social media, and other materials as requested.
- Assist with preparation of Finance and other mailings as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly conference reports.
- Special Events:
- Assist in the organization of special events
- Funerals & Weddings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Email a resume and introductory letter to Pastor Abril Goforth at
Contact Phone: 972-298-6121