First UMC Denton: Office Manager
Date Posted: 3/3/2023
First UMC Denton, Denton, TX
FUMC Denton is a community that strives to love and live like Jesus with open hearts, open minds, open arms and open doors. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life's journey, whatever your story or your identity, God's love is here for you and so are we!
The Office Manager, the heart of our staff, is responsible for the church’s administrative activities including representing the face of the church’s mission, answering general inquiries from the membership, maintaining office supplies, coordinate building use, coordination of funeral events, calendar coordination, oversight of Front Desk Team volunteers, database management, worship bulletin production and supporting program staff as needed.
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of First United Methodist Church of Denton.
- Have a proactive attitude and ability to work independently when needed.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team of committed, passionate and creative staff and church members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of church member information and appropriate boundaries of pastoral concerns.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills. High energy to meet deadlines and deliverables, while simultaneously working in a warm, welcoming, and often interrupted environment.
- Attention to detail and editing for written communications.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Skills in software Word programs, Constant Contact, and database management (preferably Membership Module of Realm)
- Non-profit organization experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of administrative experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
How to Apply
Email a resume to Mo Underwood, Connection Coordinator, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 940-382-5478