First UMC Denton: Director of Children's Music
Date Posted: 10/20/2022
First UMC Denton, Denton, TX
Department: Worship & Music/Children's
Salary Range: $14,000
Supervisor: Director of Worship & Music
The successful candidate will have skills related to, but not limited, to:
- Appropriate musical skills for teaching children of varying ages and skills in a faith-based setting. (Teacher certification as well as Kodaly or Orff certification preferred)
- An understanding of Wesleyan/Christian tradition and the ability to create age-appropriate lessons that foster the faith formation of children.
- Ability to work collaboratively with children’s staff as well as worship and music staff to create a friendly, welcoming environment for children.
- Ability to manage calendar, communication, and equipment administrative needs for the children’s music program.
- Support the worship life and faith formation of children and youth at FUMC Denton by providing meaningful and theologically appropriate musical opportunities.
- Provide musical instruction through a variety of forms (i.e. choir, hand chimes, Orff, etc.) connected to the children’s curriculum and Sunday morning faith formation schedule of FUMC Denton.
- Serve as a liaison between the children, their families and the broader life and ministry of the congregation.
- Lead the children in musical presentations in the various worship services as scheduled by the Director of Worship & Music, serve as a resource for Vacation Bible School music (and other children’s activities as agreed upon with the Director of Children’s Ministries), and plan and implement a weeklong summer camp for children (in coordination with the Director of Worship & Music).
- Serve as the Assistant Credo (Youth) Choir director providing support for the Youth Choir which is under the direction of the Director of Worship & Music.
Education Requirements: A background or training in music education is required. A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. Theological or past church experience is preferred.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Dr. Joshua Taylor, Director of Worship & Music, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 940-781-5442