First UMC Denton: Director of Children's Ministry
Date Posted: 1/8/2020
First UMC Denton, Denton, TX
First United Methodist Denton (FUMC) has an immediate full-time position open for a Director of Children’s Ministry to oversee and provide leadership in developing and implementing the Children’s ministry program that encourages faith formation and spiritual development in the lives of children from birth through the 5th grade.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and loving person who has a passion for leading children to become disciples of Jesus Christ. The Children’s program at FUMC Denton is dynamic and growing, with an active and supportive Children’s Ministry Council that assists with programming, missions, summer camp, Sunday School, and Sunday and Wednesday evening programs.
The Director of Children’s Ministry must be a committed Christian who models faithful living and a person who exhibits humility, teachability, accountability and servant leadership in all relationships. The Director of Children’s Ministry must lead in a way that supports the mission, vision, and ministries of First United Methodist Church of Denton.
- A caring Christian leader with significant experience working with children and a knowledge of children's physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual development (preferably with a degree in elementary education or early childhood development including special needs education). Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a children’s ministry program.
- Ability to relate well and develop strong relationships with children and their families.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and quality of programming and care for the children.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and effectiveness in interacting with a diversity of people.
- Demonstrable ability to recruit, train, support, and motivate teachers and volunteers.
- Ability to build a broad base of support for programs and ministry.
- Must have a sense of humor, positive attitude, and a demonstrated desire for excellence.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, relationship and conflict management skills, be highly flexible, and have the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in multiple methods of media communication including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Willingness to pursue additional education and training as appropriate, i.e., Godly Play (https://www.godlyplayfoundation.org)
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health Insurance with HSA account, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible [weekday] schedule
- Pension with generous church contribution
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should email a resume along with salary requirements to Alan Heath. Background check, Ministry Safe certification and references are required. Candidates chosen for an interview should be prepared to send a work product sample of a Sunday School lesson plan appropriate for K – 5th grades.
Contact Phone: 903-456-0282