First UMC Denton: Director of Children's Ministries
Date Posted: 8/8/2018
First UMC Denton, Denton, TX
Our Children’s Ministry serves a growing and family-oriented community. The Mission of our church is to Shine God’s Love into Every Life. We are seeking a person who can live into this mission and is deeply committed to the ministry of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world and making a difference in the lives of children through Jesus Christ.
The purpose of this position is to enable a community of love that:
- Nurtures children from birth.
- Fully integrates children into the family of God at First United Methodist Church of Denton.
- Instills a sense of place and belonging (an extension of home).
- Confirms their identity as the beloved children of God.
- Fosters spiritual development through education, worship, service, and mission.
- Supports parents and families through the joys and challenges of parenting children.
- A degree in Christian Education, Education or related field familiar with children and their development and needs as well as 2-4 years of experience leading a church-based children’s ministry program.
- Spiritual maturity
- Experience with leading children infants through fifth grade.
- Experience communicating with parents of children
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and flexible team approach while working with children, parents, volunteers and staff members.
- Familiarity with the theology, traditions, and polity (organization) of the United Methodist church
Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Benefits include health insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and pension.
Reports to: Associate Pastor for Children and Youth.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send cover letter and resume to Alan Heath at
Contact Phone: (903) 456-0282