First UMC Denton: Assistant Director to Children’s Ministries
Date Posted: 8/20/2021
First UMC Denton, Denton, TX
First UMC Denton, a downtown church, is accepting applications for a part-time position (up to 20 hours per week) as Assistant Director to Children's Ministries.
The Assistant Director to Children’s Ministry provides leadership in coordinating and implementing children’s ministry programing that encourages faith formation and spiritual development in the lives of kindergarten-5th grade students.
- Build relationships with and minister to children and their families, including reaching out to those who do not attend regularly.
- Set an example of Christian discipleship to children, their families, the congregation, and the community.
- Enhance the children’s ministry by working with the Director of Children’s Ministry to accomplish the following:
- Assist with program leadership (Sunday school, special events)
- Assemble material for Sunday and other events
- Encourage parent and family involvement in the children’s ministry
- Attend children ministry trips as appropriate
- Facilitate communication between children’s ministry, its participants and the community that inform and demonstrate the value of the ministry to the church and community.
- Assist the Director of Children’s Ministry to work with laity and staff to carry out the church’s mission, vision and ministry as it relates to children and their families, incorporating families from all worship services, and communicating the value of the Children’s Program to the church and the community. This includes the creation and dissemination of a newsletter as well as an active presence on social media through coordination with the FUMC Communications Director.
- Provide support for OpenKids Sunday School during the 11 a.m. worship hour.
- Assist with gathering financial information, fund-raising information, tracking attendance and other administrative duties as needed.
- Provide support in the nursery as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum one year experience working in a children’s program preferred.
How to Apply
Email a resume, which must include references and salary requirements, to Carol Rogers at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 940-231-8109