First UMC Denton: Assistant Director of Youth Ministries
Date Posted: 3/12/2020
First UMC Denton, Denton, TX
The Assistant Director to Youth and Families provides leadership in coordinating and implementing youth ministry programming that encourages faith formation and spiritual development in the lives of 6th-12th grade students and their families.
The Assistant Director to Youth is accountable to the Associate Pastor with Youth and Families.
- Build relationships with and minister to students and their families, including reaching out to those who don’t attend regularly.
- Set an example of Christian discipleship to youth, their families, the congregation, and the community.
- Enhance the youth ministry by working with the Associate Pastor with Youth and Families to accomplish the following:
- Assisting with program leadership (Sunday school, UMYF, midweek programs)
- Recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers
- Encouraging parent and family involvement in the youth ministry.
- Assist in the planning and execution of youth ministry trips, including but not limited to scheduling meeting rooms, reserving buses and vans for trips, maintaining youth storage facilities.
- Attend youth ministry trips (fall retreat, mid-winter retreat, summer mission trips, camps, etc.)
- Create communications between the youth ministry, its participants, and the community that inform and demonstrate the value of youth ministry to the church and community. This includes the youth group newsletter and its presence on social media. Coordinate posting content with the Youth Council social media director and the FUMC Communications Director.
- Assist with gathering financial information and fund-raising information, tracking attendance, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Coordinate with children’s ministry staff to assure inclusion and a smooth transition from the children’s program into the youth program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor with Youth and Families.
Ministry Area Relationships
- Youth Council
- Youth Sunday School Teachers, Family Group Counselors and Volunteers
- Youth Ministry Advisory Council
- Church Business Administrator
- Director of Children’s Ministry
- Children’s Ministry Council
- FunStop Director
- Council on Ministries (event planning, securing youth volunteers)
- Director of Communications
- Commitment to the mission, vision and ministry of FUMC-Denton.
- Ability to build relationships with youth and their families, making all feel included and welcome.
- A caring, Christian person with knowledge of youth’s developmental, spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, event purposes and details to youth and parents.
- Must be flexible and able to quickly adapt to change in plans.
- Excellent communication, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Well organized, good time management skills and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology/social media including Excel, Publisher, Word, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Must be able to conduct self in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience preferred
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email Business Administrator Alan Heath at
Contact Phone: 940-382-5478