First UMC Decatur: Youth Director
Date Posted: 3/30/2022
First UMC Decatur, Decatur, TX
The Youth Director is currently a part-time position with the possibility of full time.
- Teach and/or arrange for teachers for separate Jr. High and Sr. High Sunday School classes and Sunday night MYF.
- Set or approve curriculum that is appropriate for each class.
- Work with parents and youth, plan and implement a program of activities for Jr. High (7th – 8th) and Sr. High (9th – 12th).
- Current campus activities include Sunday School, Sunday morning Worship, Sunday evening Youth, Wednesday evening activities.
- Coordinate and attend miscellaneous events and projects for the youth of this church including but not limited to mission trips, spring break trips, conference events, fifth quarter, movie nights, lock-ins, bowling nights, bible studies, prayer groups, etc.
- Provide a listening ear to youth and their parents regarding issues pertinent to the youth and ministry of the church.
- Establish and maintain a system of communication with youth and parents. (A cell phone stipend is provided.)
- Coordinate with Senior Pastor and Staff to insure opportunity for youth participation in church activities.
- Maintain a visible presence in worship and be available to youth through church, school and community events. Be present at extra-curricular activities of students providing support and encouragement.
- Assist as a member of the staff team to accomplish the church’s mission, understanding that some duties may be assigned which fall outside the guidelines outlined above.
How to Apply
Email resume or letter of interest to Rev. Donny Haywood at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 940-627-3362